Do you feel that you have tried almost everything there is to get rid of acne but the blemishes don’t seem to go away? Don’t despair. Maintaining a clear complexion, especially if your skin is prone to acne isn’t an easy task. Taking care of your skin involves balancing a variety of habits and being consistent. Finding the right acne treatment for your skin isn’t the only way to keep your skin fresh and vibrant. From your gym habits to makeup proclivities and sleeping patterns, knowing how to take care of your skin is more than just a one-step process. Continue reading this guide and learn how to get a clear skin.
Table of Contents
How to Clear Acne
Acne often appears on the face, chest, back, butt, and other parts where the skin has a great number of oil glands.
It can happen to anyone including babies, but there are treatments that can keep it in check:
- Get rid of back acne
It is more difficult to treat back acne because the skin around this area is thicker. You should use a topical combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin or retinoic acid derivative. However, in resistant cases, you can use a systemic antibiotic. To find out more details on how to get rid of back acne, go here.
- Butt acne treatment tips
The raised bumps in your butt are common. To treat these bumps, use a salicylic acid wash or benzoyl peroxide. It is also important to rinse away the sweat after exercising using a skin cleanser. Always get out of your gym clothes or sweaty clothing as soon as possible. When sweat evaporates quickly, you will be less likely to develop butt acne. However, if you already have inflammation, you can get a topical clindamycin prescription from a dermatologist. There’s more information in this article about buttne treatment.
What can clear cystic acne?
These humungous pimples are not only painful but occupy a wide surface area and are impossible to ignore. People with cystic acne often get cortisone injections that dry the cystic bumps in a matter of a few hours. However, if you don’t have the time or money to visit your dermatologist office, here are a few home remedies that can help you treat those under-the-surface cysts:
- Apply ice cubes directly to the cysts for several seconds.
- Mix sulfur-containing cream, benzoyl peroxide cream, and a mild cortisone cream and apply it two to three times a day for seven days.
- Remedies for forehead acne
Your first step to clear those pimples on your forehead is through proper good skin care. Ensure that you wash your face on a daily basis twice a day using a gentle cleanser to remove excess oil. In case this doesn’t work, you can purchase an OTC acne cream that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Read more about a forehead acne here. For severe acne, you will need a dermatologist’s prescription to purchase stronger acne treatment.
Clearing newborn acne
Your baby’s skin is very delicate and sensitive, and it’s important to be gentle when trying to treat baby acne. This means that whatever techniques you are using currently or that you might have used as a teenager aren’t appropriate for your baby’s skin.
Here are a few ways to clear baby acne:
- Wash and moisturize: In case your infant has neonatal acne, ensure that you keep the face clean and moisturized. Remember that the skin is the first line of defense against infections. You can use fragrance-free hypoallergenic moisturizer or mild soap to keep the skin healthy.
Avoid scrubbing, picking or popping those pimples: This can break your child’s skin and introduce bacteria which can increase chances of infection.Picking on the skin worsens baby acne and leaves scars.
- Use a humidifier: Baby acne can be aggravated by dry air, and using a dehumidifier can keep your baby’s skin moisturized.
Click here for more information about a baby acne treatment.
While you may want to get rid of chest acne ASAP, typical acne treatments usually need time to work. Additionally, some of the harsh ingredients that you may find in some common chest acne treatments can cause dry patches on your skin, increasing the time it takes for them to clear up the acne breakouts. Keep in mind that you cannot use facial acne medications to treat chest acne.
Below are 5 steps you should follow to clear chest acne fast:
- Step 1: Mix one liter of water with a cup of sea salt in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Use cotton wool or a washcloth to apply the solution to the affected chest area. After applying the solution, wring the cloth and wash your chest, neck, shoulders and upper arms, and allow at least two minutes to dry.
- Step 3: Reapply the solution and dab the cloth onto your skin gently. Allow the solution to air dry before rinsing the cloth in the solution and repeat five times.
- Step 4: Use a nonoil moisturizer to inhibit acne flare-ups and to soothe your skin. Give your skin two to three hours after applying the salt solution before you can apply the moisturizer. Mix 2 tbsp of buttermilk and a cup of sour cream and stir. Apply the mixture to your chest.
- Step 5: In case you have stubborn chest acne, you can apply calamine lotion using a cotton ball. Leave the lotion on your chest all day or apply before bedtime.
Some stubborn forms of chest acne can cause lesions or cysts on your chest, and you may need prescription-strength medications. In case you have severe chest acne, visit your doctor. Lesions and cysts often leave scars, even after the chest acne clears up. Never pop or pick your chest acne. Doing this can provoke an infection.
Get Clear your Skin Overnight
While most skin care products have helped improve the skin of most people, there is no way to tell which one can clear your acne. Most people end up using hundreds and thousands of dollars on different products in the hope of treating skin conditions.
However, there are a few ways to clear acne overnight:
- Use tea tree oil: The accumulation of bacteria in your skin pores increases the risk of skin breakouts. However, tea tree oil has antibacterial properties.
- Use ice: Ice works to reduce the inflammation, swelling, and redness often caused by pimples. It also helps to increase blood circulation and constrict the skin pores to eradicate accumulated oil and dirt.
The Natural Way
Truth be told, there’s nothing like the ultimate natural acne remedy. One solution can work for some people and bring a negative effect to others.
However, there are some safe natural acne remedies that even those with sensitive skin can adopt:
- Garlic: It is a natural antiseptic that fights bacteria invading your skin, and also contains sulfur that can heal acne.
- Lemon: The vitamin C found in lemon is a potent ingredient in clearing acne. Lemon also has drying properties that can be of great help.
- Mint: The high amounts of salicylic acid found in mint help loosen dead skin and make them easier to shed.
Tips to Clear up Acne in a Week
Sometimes your skin can act up during the most inconvenient moments. A patch of irritated skin often craves for simplicity in the use of products and small daily changes that can stop the spreading of bacteria. Although bad breakouts can take time before healing completely, you can tone them down through regimented care.
Ensure that you implement this fresh skin care routine to clear acne in a week:
If your skin is prone to breakouts, ensure that you cleanse it on a daily basis to remove and prevent the buildup of bacteria that cause these breakouts. Use a salicylic acid cleanser to massage your skin after working out, in the morning, and night throughout the week. Use a cloth soaked in warm water to remove the cleanser. To cleanse the pores, use a clay face mask for acne at least twice and remove it after it dries with warm water.
- Spot Treatment
It’s important to treat your skin on a daily basis to calm the spots and prevent others from emerging. Use benzoyl peroxide to wipe your entire face. This removes bacteria without causing your face to dry.
- Lifestyle Changes
Skin flare-ups are also caused by stress and dietary choices. If you notice that skin breakouts appear after eating certain types of food, avoid them for the week. Drink at least eight glasses of water on a daily basis to keep your skin well-hydrated. It’s also important to do an activity that will relax your body, like reading, exercising or taking a birth. Reducing stress levels prevents the production of excessive oils.
Clearing Acne Scars: What Works?
From annoying, dark marks, to red marks, to huge craters, scars caused by acne are some of the dreaded skincare issues.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of body acne scars, use these dermatologist-approved products:
- Foreo Espada: Zap acne scars using this blue light pen which penetrates deeper your skin to stop and prevent future breakouts. This non-invasive treatment helps your skin to clear from acne scars without any abrasive stripping or scrubbing.
- DNA Regeneration Serum: This product is effective in treating newer scars. It contains growth factors that stimulate the production of collagen and they prevent new scars from transforming into old scars. These growth factors have been clinically proven to accelerate the growth of skin cells.
- HydroPeptide Purifying Cleanser: Use this product to treat pink or red marks on your skin. This face wash contains both mandelic acid and antibacterial salicylic acid that brighten the skin, fade redness, and promote skin cell turnover.
If you have been looking for the best way to get rid of acne fast, and you’ve been shelling out big bucks on expensive skin care products, it’s time to try the above treatments to clear acne. Give each treatment some time to work before you can toss it and move to the next one. Patience is key, so try not to feel dejected during your journey.
You can find further details of Acne here.